It is still summer, but my mind seems to be in blankets lately. After the 1st of (what is turning out to become a series of) baby blankets for friends’ newborn babies, I got my act together, and finished a project that has been sitting for a while.

It is the first quilt I have finished in its entirety, and I know I got this far because it is a gift (I tend to make the top parts and then get stuck at the quilt sandwich stage.) Technically it is rather wonky, with a few really bad parts, something which usually would stop me from inflicting it on others. In this case, however, I am determined to give it away despite the flaws. It took me too long not to! I hope my friends like it despite the squiggly seams here and there!

Here are some progress photos from the first phase of its creation. As always, the kitties were very supportive.